Thursday, October 11, 2012

Until

Until my heart explodes in my chest
Until they tie my arms and cut my legs
Until there is a drop of blood in my veins
Until I have not given my absolute best.
Until my spirit is broken and my mind chained
Until my back is crushed and my soul pained


Until the sun stops burning
and with it, stops burning the fire inside
Until my feet start bleeding
and not even then, from the thorns in my side
Until my maker comes to meet me
and tells me "Enough"
Until my hands get blisters
from the rope which, for others, was so rough

Until they take back the verdict which they gave
Until the seas clear and the mountains cave
Until a bolt from the skies strikes me dead
Until there is a gorge behind and a wall ahead
Until I have achieved pure joy and absolute victory
Until there is nothing more to claim , not even more glory
Until the bell tolls for me and my time is up
I am not going to give up
: Vishal Anand

(This post is dedicated to Malala Yousafzai ,a school girl activist in Pakistan ,who was shot at by Taliban for promoting education for girls in the country.)


7 comments:

Ankush Jindal said...

Brave girl and beautiful sentiments....cheers to her and you!! (everything you mentioned in the poem is plausible, except perhaps that her spirit can never be broken and her mind can never be chained, i hope....)

Vijaya said...

Love the beauty that describes the persistent determintation of this li'l girl..
Sad yet beautiful ..
:)

Anonym said...

Absolutely brilliant.
Very well written. You should write more often.

murali ln said...

i think this should b an inspiration for every indian to fight for their rights.........its great to feel for the lil one and dedicate such a lovely poem which she definitely deserves...

Vaishali Singh said...

"When you aim for perfection, you discover it's a moving target. " I must say you are close to your target.......through your blogs & articles !!! Perfection is not about your life....its about creating awareness…. Good job done !!!


Jeevanjyoti Chakraborty said...

Nice rhythm in the use of words. Very good spirit. Really liked it.

N!V said...

wow this is awesome!! keep going vishal..