Friday, April 19, 2013

I Know She is Beautiful But....


I know she is beautiful
But I have mountains to climb.
Her smile is like an oasis in a desert
But I have seas to fare
Depth of oceans to measure.

Her eyelids arch like bow of a ship
But there is wind in my sails still.
Her eager virginity invites me
But I have invitations of other kind too.
There are still goals to be chased
An unseen adventure still tempts.

Her hair swings and swirls around her head
Like a flame dancing about a candle.
There is a flame inside me too
which needs guarding against the winds of fate.
Her laughter is bewitching,
her splendid face shining like the moon
But I have stars to reach for
My own firmament to create.

I know she is beautiful
But I have mountains to climb.

1 comment:

Jeevanjyoti Chakraborty said...

Is this she a real lady? Or, is it some figurative expression meaning something else?
But, really good description, vivid imagery! I like the refrain.